Federal Affairs Workshop | FDCA/ NAC Defense Industry Symposium in D.C. | MCCST
McCormick Stevenson, Defense Engineering & Design
McCormick Stevenson is proud to sponsor and participate in the 9th Annual Federal Affairs Workshop next week where the FDCA joins forces with the National Armaments Consortium (NAC) to present a joint FDCA/ NAC Defense Industry Symposium.
The environment of defense contracting has changed significantly in recent years. Leaders of large, small, traditional, and non-traditional defense contractors must learn about and address current and future challenges, common goals, and best practices.
Changes in Defense Contracting Landscape
Directional changes in our “landscape” over the past few years include:
- Publication of the first National Security Strategy in the past 10 years, which now focuses on Russia and China as our priority peer competitors.
- A formal announcement of Army Modernization priorities and formation of a new Command to oversee implementation, with similar modernization initiatives in the other Services.
- Reorganization of OSD USD AT&L and formation of a new USD R&E to focus the Industrial Base on technology, innovation, and prototyping.
- Significant changes in FY 16 and FY 17 regarding Other Transaction Agreements (OTA) and an updated OSD Guide on OTA use.
- Unprecedented interest by congressional committees, OSD, and the Services in the use of OTAs.
- Significant growth in the number of consortia, dollars being applied, as well as the size and complexity of OTA projects.
- Challenges of implementing follow-on production programs & supply opportunities.
- Lack of experience in using consortium-based OTAs in Service procurement centers.
Florida Defense Contracting Community Workshop
These are exciting times for our Florida defense contracting community and we believe that there is a great benefit in working together with the NAC and its 700+ member consortium to shape the future use of OTAs – to ultimately benefit the overall health of the Nation’s Defense Industrial Base.
The Workshop will include:
- Interaction with the Florida Delegation Congressional Members and Senior Executive Branch Decision Makers
- Overview of Recent OTA Changes and DOD Market Dynamics
- Our traditional defense budget overview
- Interaction with Primes and defense companies of all sizes
- Congressional Reception with Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart, Congressman Neal Dunn, Congressman John Rutherford, and Congresswoman Stephanie Murphy